Story Time in the Garden
Story Time will be held for children, toddlers through second grade, 10:00 AM every Thursday in June, July, August and September. Older children who enjoy listening to stories read aloud are welcome to attend as well. Adults, we will have several quilts for families to sit on, but you are encouraged to bring a blanket and personal snacks and drinks for your own children.
Due to the popularity of the program, we now have two reading stations, and you will be assigned to one of them when you check in. Both locations will have a reader, a song leader, and the same topic. And after the reading, both groups will move into the garden for a follow-up activity, feeding the fish, and fun in the barn. We want story time to be the best possible experience for everyone!
We also schedule an evening event once in the spring and once in the fall we call Story Time under the Stars, beginning at 6:30 PM to accommodate families whose schedules don’t permit attending during the day. It’s a wonderful opportunity to see how beautiful the garden is as the sun goes down.
Picture books with garden themes will be read followed by an activity in the Linnaeus Garden.
Story Time is free to the public and is held rain or shine (we’ll move into the barn or our education building during inclement weather.)
Spring Break: 10:00 AM at the Linnaeus Teaching Garden
- All About Gardens, Thursday March 22
Story Time Under the Stars, 6:30 PM:
- Flowers, Seeds, and Birds, Thursday May 10
- Pumpkins, Bats, Owls, Nighttime, Thursday October 18
Summer Story Time June through September, 10:00 AM:
- Weather and Rain, Thursday June 7
- Ladybugs and Insects, Thursday June 14
- Pollinators, Thursday June 21
- Ponds, Fish, Frogs, and Reptiles, Thursday June 28
- Worms and Compost, Thursday July 5
- Fruits and Veggies, Thursday July 12
- Five Senses, Thursday July 19
- Creatures in the Garden, Thursday July 26
- Art in the Garden, Thursday August 2
- Spiders and Bugs, Thursday August 9
- Colors, Shapes and Numbers, Thursday August 16
- Sunflowers, Thursday August 23
- Seasons, Thursday August 30
- Apples, Thursday September 6
- Monarch Migration, Thursday September 13
- Trees and Leaves, Thursday September 20
- Scarecrows, Thursday September 27